Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors

NEW CITY ORDINANCE IN AUSTIN REQUIRES CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS IN EVERY LEVEL OF YOUR HOME.   People can die in as little as a few minutes or a few hours from carbon monoxide poisoning.   A carbon monoxide detector will save you and your family’s life.  Monitor dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in your home with a carbon monoxide detector.  Symptoms are very similar to flu-like symptoms.  Sleepiness, dizziness, headaches, nausea, breathing difficulties, vomiting and confusion are common.  Carbon monoxide is clear and odorless.  It is found in household appliances that are powered by gas (ranges or stoves, gas clothes dryers, water heaters, furnaces, and gas or wood fireplaces).  Carbon monoxide can also be produced by fuel-burning space heaters, exhaust from cars, gas or charcoal grills, and clogged chimneys or flues.