A Brief History Brought to You by Brighthouse Electric, Your Local Leander Electricians
The City of Leander was established on July 17th, 1882. Settlers began arriving in 1845 and named the city Bagdad. The settlers lived in log cabins and were frequently attacked by Indians that lived in the area. If it had not been for the many attacks, the area may have been settled earlier. The Texas Rangers were called in to protect the settlers and they constructed a building that would house up to 60 men. This was one of the first buildings in Williamson County.
During the 1850s many businesses opened, and farmers thrived due to the abundance of timber and water. Farming became a mainstay and people grew their own food and made their own clothes. Bagdad was also a stop on the stage line from Austin to Lampasas. The settlers were now able to receive goods from Austin. By the 1870s, Bagdad had a hotel, several general stores, two blacksmiths, and several churches. The first school was also started and was the only free school in the area.
Throughout its history, Leander has remained strong and vigilant. Today, it boasts the largest growing school district in Williamson County and the fastest growing district in the State of Texas.
It is always interesting for us to imagine who the first Leander Electricians were.
Looking for an Leander Residential Electrician?
What sets us apart from other electricians serving Leander is our focus on punctuality, respect, and safety standards. With Covid-19, the bar has been raised even higher when it comes to keeping you and your family safe. We always arrive with a face mask on and hand sanitizer in our pocket. Call us today at 512-876-2269, and allow us to service your electrical needs.
Leander Residential and Commercial Electrical Services
The services we provide Leander, include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical installation, and maintenance of 220-volt circuits for stoves, ranges, electric dryers, hot tubs, spas, and more.
- Ceiling fan installation.
- GFCI Installation for bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and exterior outlets.
- Extensive addition and remodeling services to meet all your electrical needs: light fixtures, ceiling fans, electrical panels, receptacles, switches, and more.
- Electrical maintenance service to include inspection, testing & maintenance.
- Whole home surge protection for your electrical devices, appliances, air conditioner, and more from random power spikes that could lead to damage.
- Safety inspection, evaluation, and report.
- Home electrical inspections for buyers and sellers.
- Interior and exterior, and security lighting installation, and wiring.
- Energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly LED lighting upgrades.
- Panel repair, replacement, and upgrades.
- Installation of smoke, and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Testing, and troubleshooting of all your electrical problems to quickly identify and resolve them for your family or business.
For more information and services we provide in the Leander area, visit our Electrical Services Page.
Our Leander Electricians are licensed, bonded, and insured and service the following zip codes in Leander: 78641, 78645, and 78646.