A Brief History of Georgetown Brought to you by Georgetown Electricians
George Washington Glasscock donated land to create a town. Officially founded in 1848, residents would honor his contribution by naming it Georgetown. Early settlers to the area immigrated from areas of Europe, specifically Austria, Czechoslovakia, Germany, Sweden, and Switzerland, along with American transplants from Southern states like South Carolina, and Tennessee. Eventually this wonderful town would become the county seat in March 1848.
In 1835, Colonel William B. Travis called for the creation of a Methodist presence in the Republic of Texas. By 1873, Georgetown Texas had been selected as the location for a University which was created from collegiate charter grants. Making it the oldest university in the State of Texas.
In 1878, the railroad built a line through the city, and by 1904 it provided a direct link to Austin. The arrival of the railroad brought prosperity to the area, specifically providing a method for cotton farmers to get their product to market. From 1880 – 1920 the economy boomed as cotton farmers prospered.
Over the years Georgetown has continued to attract people from all over Texas and the world to its wonderful community. In fact, by May 2019 its wonderful charm would make it the 7th fastest growing city in the United States.
Making Sure Your Home is Safe
We have the experience you are looking for when it comes to locating a Georgetown Residential Electrician.
It goes without saying, that when it comes to electrical services in your home, you do not want to take chances with a DIY plan or an inexperienced electrician. At Brighthouse Electric we understand the need for excellence in our line of work. Not only are we licensed and experienced, but we go above and beyond to check and double-check our work and the electrical wiring of your home.
Looking for an Georgetown Residential Electrician?
What sets us apart from other electricians serving Georgetown is our focus on punctuality, respect, and safety standards. With Covid-19, the bar has been raised even higher when it comes to keeping you and your family safe. We always arrive with a face mask on and hand sanitizer in our pocket. Call us today at 512-876-2269, and allow us to service your electrical needs.
Residential and Commercial Electrical Services
The services we provide Georgetown, include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical installation, and maintenance of 220-volt circuits for stoves, ranges, electric dryers, hot tubs, spas, and more.
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- GFCI Installation for bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and exterior outlets.
- Extensive addition and remodeling services to meet all your electrical needs: light fixtures, ceiling fans, electrical panels, receptacles, switches, and more.
- Electrical maintenance service to include inspection, testing & maintenance.
- Whole home surge protection for your electrical devices, appliances, air conditioner, and more from random power spikes that could lead to damage.
- Safety inspection, evaluation, and report.
- Home electrical inspections for buyers and sellers
- Interior and exterior, and security lighting installation, and wiring.
- Energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly LED lighting upgrades.
- Panel repair, replacement, and upgrades
- Installation of smoke, and carbon monoxide detectors
- Testing, and troubleshooting of all your electrical problems to quickly identify and resolve them for your family or business.
For more information and services we provide in the Georgetown area, visit our Electrical Services Page.
Our Georgetown Electricians are licensed, bonded, and insured and service the following zip codes in Georgetown: 78627, 78633, 78726, and 78728.