A Brief History of Copperas Cove Brought to you by Copperas Cove Electricians
The earliest inhabitants of the area can be dated back to about 4,000 BC. Originally nomadic people traveled through the area following the migrating buffalo population. When the Spanish came to the area, they encountered the Tonkawa, a small plains tribe, but also had interactions with the more powerful Comanche who controlled territory to the north and west.
Early settlers began migrating into the area as early as the 1830s, but settlements did not form until after the cattle industry developed, and the Chisholm Trail cut a feeder route through the area. In 1878, locals applied for a post office that was not officially granted until 1879 when the town agreed upon a name based on the nearby spring that had lots of minerals and tasted “funny” to those who drank from it.
From its founding in 1879 to 1929 Copperas Cove would grow from an agricultural community, with a strong focus on cotton to a prosperous city. In 1882, railroad would expand into the area providing a means for farmers and ranchers alike to get their product to markets. The city population would grow, business would expand, the town would elect its first mayor, and the residents created their first school district in the early 1900s. Copperas Cove like many communities in the United States would experience a decline as a result of the Great Depression, but that would change in 1942 when the United States government established a military base, Camp Hood 13 miles away. By the 1950s the town would grow from about 356 people at the beginning of 1940 to thousands of residents. Since then the population has continued to grow and prosper and today it is the largest city in Coryell County with over 30,000 residents.
Making Sure Your Home is Safe
We have the experience you are looking for when it comes to locating a Copperas Cove Residential Electrician.
It goes without saying, that when it comes to electrical services in your home, you do not want to take chances with a DIY plan or an inexperienced electrician. At Brighthouse Electric we understand the need for excellence in our line of work. Not only are we licensed and experienced, but we go above and beyond to check and double-check our work and the electrical wiring of your home.
Looking for an Copperas Cove Residential Electrician?
What sets us apart from other electricians serving Copperas Cove is our focus on punctuality, respect, and safety standards. With Covid-19, the bar has been raised even higher when it comes to keeping you and your family safe. We always arrive with a face mask on and hand sanitizer in our pocket. Call us today at 512-876-2269, and allow us to service your electrical needs.
Residential and Commercial Electrical Services
The services we provide Copperas Cove, include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical installation, and maintenance of 220-volt circuits for stoves, ranges, electric dryers, hot tubs, spas, and more.
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- GFCI Installation for bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and exterior outlets.
- Extensive addition and remodeling services to meet all your electrical needs: light fixtures, ceiling fans, electrical panels, receptacles, switches, and more.
- Electrical maintenance service to include inspection, testing & maintenance.
- Whole home surge protection for your electrical devices, appliances, air conditioner, and more from random power spikes that could lead to damage.
- Safety inspection, evaluation, and report.
- Home electrical inspections for buyers and sellers
- Interior and exterior, and security lighting installation, and wiring.
- Energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly LED lighting upgrades.
- Panel repair, replacement, and upgrades
- Installation of smoke, and carbon monoxide detectors
- Testing, and troubleshooting of all your electrical problems to quickly identify and resolve them for your family or business.
For more information and services we provide in the Copperas Cove area, visit our Electrical Services Page.
Our Copperas Cove Electricians are licensed, bonded, and insured and service the following zip codes in Copperas Cove: 76522.