A Brief History of Austin Brought to you by Austin Electricians
For hundreds of years, nomadic tribes camped and hunted along Austin creeks, including Barton Springs. In the late 1700s, the Spanish set up temporary missions in the area. In the 1830s the first permanent Anglo settlers arrived and called their village Waterloo.
In 1839, tiny Waterloo was chosen to be the capital of the new Republic of Texas. A new city was built quickly and was renamed after Stephen F. Austin, “the father of Texas.” Judge Edwin Waller, who was later to become the city’s first mayor, surveyed the site and laid out a street plan that has survived largely intact to this day. In October 1839, the entire government of the Republic arrived from Houston in oxcarts.
Brighthouse Electric – Austin Electricians
It is hard to imagine that a working lightbulb had not yet been patented by Thomas Edison until 1879, and the folks relocating to Austin were using lamps and primitive stoves to stay warm. Austin Electricians had not been born yet, because electricity was not common in households until 1925.
Austin’s town plan included a hilltop site for a capitol building looking down toward the Colorado River from the head of a broad Congress Avenue. “The Avenue” and Pecan Street (now 6th Street) have remained Austin’s principal business streets for over 150 years. After Texas was annexed by the United States in 1845, it took two statewide elections to keep Austin the capital city.
Austin was becoming a city by 1888, and the grand capitol building was being advertised as the 7th largest building in the world.
Making Sure Your Home is Safe
We have the experience you are looking for when it comes to locating a Austin Residential Electrician.
It goes without saying, that when it comes to electrical services in your home, you do not want to take chances with a DIY plan or an inexperienced electrician. At Brighthouse Electric we understand the need for excellence in our line of work. Not only are we licensed and experienced, but we go above and beyond to check and double-check our work and the electrical wiring of your home.
Looking for an Austin Residential Electrician?
What sets us apart from other electricians serving Austin is our focus on punctuality, respect, and safety standards. With COVID-19, the bar has been raised even higher when it comes to keeping you and your family safe. We always arrive with a face mask on and hand sanitizer in our pocket. Call us today at 512-876-2269, and allow us to service your electrical needs.
Residential and Commercial Electrical Services
The services we provide Austin, include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical installation, and maintenance of 220-volt circuits for stoves, ranges, electric dryers, hot tubs, spas, and more.
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- GFCI Installation for bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and exterior outlets.
- Extensive addition and remodeling services to meet all your electrical needs: light fixtures, ceiling fans, electrical panels, receptacles, switches, and more.
- Electrical maintenance service to include inspection, testing & maintenance.
- Whole home surge protection for your electrical devices, appliances, air conditioner, and more from random power spikes that could lead to damage.
- Safety inspection, evaluation, and report.
- Home electrical inspections for buyers and sellers
- Interior and exterior, and security lighting installation, and wiring.
- Energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly LED lighting upgrades.
- Panel repair, replacement, and upgrades
- Installation of smoke, and carbon monoxide detectors
- Testing, and troubleshooting of all your electrical problems to quickly identify and resolve them for your family or business.
For more information and services we provide in the Austin area, visit our Electrical Services Page.
Our Austin Electricians are licensed, bonded, and insured and service the following zip codes in Austin: 73301, 73344, 78652, 78669, 78701, 78702, 78703, 78704, 78705, 78708, 78709, 78710, 78711, 78712, 78713, 78714, 78715, 78716, 78718, 78719, 78720, 78721, 78722, 78723, 78724, 78725, 78726, 78727, 78728, 78729, 78730, 78731, 78732, 78733, 78733, 78734, 78734, 78734, 78735, 78735, 78736, 78736, 78737, 78738, 78738, 78738, 78738, 78738, 78739, 78741, 78742, 78744, 78745, 78746, 78746, 78746, 78747, 78748, 78749, 78750, 78751,78752, 78752, 78753, 78754, 78755, 78756, 78757, 78758, 78759, 78760, 78761, 78762, 78763, 78764, 78765, 78766, 78767, 78768, 78769, 78772, 78773, 78774, 78778, 78779, 78780, 78781, 78783, 78785, 78786, 78788, 78789, 78798, 78799